- A new scheme has been introduced to issue a Soil Health Card to every farmer. Soil Health Management in the country is being promoted through setting up of soil and fertilizer testing laboratories. 34 lakh soil samples has been collected and analysis is continuing.
- A new scheme for promoting organic farming "Pramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana" has been launched to promote organic farming.
- A dedicated Kisan Channel has been started by Doordarshan to address various issues concerning farmers.
- Government is also encouraging formation of Farmer Producer organizations.
- Assistance to farmers, as input subsidy, has been increased by 50 percent in case of natural calamities.
- Norms have been relaxed to provide assistance from previous norm of crop loss of more than 50 percent to 33 percent to farmers afflicted by natural calamities.
- Minimum Support Price (MSP) for various Kharif crops has been increased. Bonus of Rs.200 per quintal has been announced for pulses. Area coverage under pulses has increased over the last year.
ABC Tv Ad Network article Blogger Tips bollywood comic Education Entertainment News GadgetGuru GK Power Capsule Google Adsense Latest Jobs Songs Sports Hot News techcafe Technews Technology television the hindu Web Tips Webkeeda wwe
Powered by Blogger.
If you think writing a blog post is over when you hit the publish button, Hello I think you should take a shower. Blog posts, (no matter h...
Click here to load more...